3 lbs (approximately 8) russet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes
½ cup (120ml) whole milk, warm
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 tablespoons labne, or sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon chives, minced
1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly cracked black (or white) pepper
- In a large pot, cover the potatoes with water. Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are completely tender.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander then return them to the pot.
- Over a low heat, mash and dry out the potatoes to remove excess moisture.
- Turn off the heat. Mash while alternatingly adding the milk and butter.
- Stir in the labne and chives; season with salt and pepper.